Among the most popular precious metals is an alloy containing more than 50% gold. It is distinguished by its best characteristics. The metal is valuable and quite strong. The alloy is the gold standard. It represents the best combination of gold и ligatures. By comparison, pure precious metal without additives is very soft, quickly damaged.
Accordingly, it cannot be used to make jewelry.
This explains why 585 is so widespread. Products of this kind look almost the same as pure gold, which is due to a special combination of additives. However, they last longer and retain their attractiveness.
585 hallmark - popular in Russia: what it looks like, the reasons for its appearance and demand
It may seem that 585 gold is the only precious metal of its kind. But this is not quite true: there are several variations of this alloy, but all of them contain the same amount of the main component - Au.
The ratio of ligatures differs, which causes a slight change in properties, as well as the appearance of products.
Technically 585 gold standard Alloy has been in use since 1994, when it was decided on the legislative level not to use branding 583. In composition they are practically identical. Both previously in the USSR and today in Russia, the base of the alloy was gold.
According to the standard, the percentage of this component is more than half. The rest are additives. And the alloy can contain both precious and non-precious metals. Not only the appearance of the article depends on the type of these components, but also its value.
When the purpose of buying a 585 gold, the composition of the alloy in the percentage:
- precious metal - 58.5%;
- additives - 41.5%: silver, platinum, copper, nickel, silicon, zinc, palladium, etc.
The properties of gold: the formula for the perfect alloy
Despite the insufficiently high content of the noble metal, the alloy is not considered bad. On the contrary, it is the best option that combines all the wishes of consumers. The properties that exhibit gold alloy:
- density is 12.8-14.76 g/cm5The composition of the 585 gold can be determined more accurately by knowing the composition of the gold;
- hardness: the metal does not deform under moderate loads;
- Plasticity: Due to the fact that the composition can include different additives, it also changes the ability of the metal to change shape, for comparison, pure gold is soft, but brittle, after the introduction of a 585 alloy alloy alloy has become plastic, but it keeps its shape;
- Melting point: the value of this parameter for gold without additives is 1337 ° C, but when the structure changes, so do the properties, and the jewelry alloy containing a ligature, most often melts at lower temperatures.
How many carats in 585 gold
Today in Russia there is only one system for assessing the purity of the gold alloy - metric. Contents 585 precious metal was determined with its help. In this case, the task was to find out the amount of gold in 1000 weight parts. Accordingly, 585 g is obtained. Carat. It also implies the need to determine the number of alloy parts in a given amount of precious metal. However, not 1000 weight parts are used, as in the metric system, but 24 carats. If the item has a proof (determined by one of the methods), you can translate its value:
Wide range of colors
When it says that the gold alloy contains additives, there are several features to consider:
- Nickel is not used in the manufacture of jewelry, because the metal promotes allergies;
- Palladium, as well as platinum, are components whose use leads to higher metal prices, so they are not added to the composition very often.
Ligature changes the hue of the metal. It can be yellow, but not necessarily: there are green ones, Pink, white goods. When choosing a 585 gold, it is necessary to study the composition. This will allow you to choose the right option:
|Shade||Cu, g/ per 1000 g||Ag, g/1000 g||Pd, g/1000 g|
|Shade||Cu, g/ per 1000 g||Ag, g/1000 g||Pd, g/1000 g|
The table shows the additives given a given amount of alloy - 1000 g, the main component is gold (585 g).
Type and deciphering of the 585 hallmark
The form of the branding changed several times. In the 18th century, the image of a woman's head in a kokoshnik was used. After the change of power another brand in the form of five-pointed star was used, later - the profile of the head of the worker with a hammer. After the collapse of the USSR it was decided to return the original image - marking with a woman's head. This very variant is used today. Other components of the stigma:
- designation of the State Assay Control Inspectorate;
- The numerical marking of the precious metal sample itself.
The main application of the alloy. Salon product range: rings, earrings, chains, bracelets
Gold Alloy not just valuable, but also practical. This combination makes it possible to use it in different spheres. However, to date, the main use is in the jewelry industry. Metal 585 is used for the production of jewelry of any kind and shape, including those with a complex design. It is the basis for the production of:
- earrings, etc.
But while inquiries are leading wedding rings made of 585 alloy. This means that thanks to its unique properties, the precious metal has become widespread.
This is especially important for engagement rings, as many people wear them all their lives. And this gold can look equally attractive regardless of the purpose of the product (women's or men's jewelry).
Question and answer section
How to choose a piece of jewelry made of gold 585?
What stones go with the popular precious metal?
Non-precious and semi-precious stones are much less common in combination with gold.
Is gold assay 585 good or not?
Composition of 585 gold in percentage?
When did the 585th gold hallmark appear in Russia?
How much pure gold is in 585?
What is the difference between a 583 and a 375 proof?
What kind of gold is better: 585 or 750?
- If it is important to buy a particularly valuable precious metal, which may contain expensive components (gold, silver, palladium or platinum), then you should buy the material with the stamp 750, but it is better not to wear such products every day;
- When you want beautiful jewelry that is durable, easy to clean, it is recommended to consider items of 585.
Other arguments may also appear. Among them is the choice of shade. This is especially important when you are buying a piece of jewelry that you plan to wear all the time.
Pros and cons of using such metal
Studying in a store or on the official website of the manufacturer's product catalog, decide which product is better to buy.
Where you can buy and sell gold 585
Different possibilities are being considered:
- Jewelry salons, where regular purchases provide a discount, as well as discounts;
- Internet sites where they sell new or used products;
- departments that are located in large shopping malls;
Some stores that offer a wide range of certified 585 hallmark products:
|Moscow||Moscow jewelry factory||8(800)100-19-20|
|St. Petersburg||"Jeweler Karat||+7(812)294-88-00|
The cost of 1 gram of 585-gold. Price fixing and calculation for proof
On a daily basis, the Central Bank establishes cost precious metals. The price of jewelry alloys of various kinds depends on it. And there is a stable growth of precious metals, which makes it possible to predict its further changes in the coming days. According to statistics, the price of precious metals in recent decades has decreased significantly, but never fallen below its own limit.
|Sample 999 on the Central Bank, rubles.||Market value, rubles.||Scrap, rub.||Jewelry stores, rub.|
If you plan to buy 585-gold hallmark, the price per gram is determined by the formula:
Central Bank rate (for 999 gold) x 0.585 = 2,486 rubles.
Exchange trading is one of the factors influencing the price of precious metals. It uses a peculiar mechanism of centralized price setting - fixing.
Gold price factors: from exchange to buying
There is a concept - the driver of gold. This is a factor that contributes to the growth of precious metals. The most weighty ones include:
- demand/supply ratio;
- the stability of different currencies;
- precious metal mining.
Is it worth investing in the 585
Jewelry 585 does not belong to the low-grade and contains a significant proportion of precious metal, despite this experts do not recommend investing in them. It is best to consider coins and bars. Reasons:
- jewelry often depends on fashion: those that are irrelevant may not be accepted for redemption;
- The metal contains not only gold, but also a ligature, which will not bring much money in the sale;
- Jewelry with the 585 mark often has to be scrapped, as the expansion of the assortment has eliminated the need to buy second-hand items.
Important: The price of the precious metal when trying to sell it as scrap is much lower than the average cost of new items, which makes it impossible to sell the jewelry profitably.
Top 5 recommendations for the care and storage of universal metal
Tips and rules that will help to store products for a long period without the risk of losing their attractiveness:
- It is advisable to keep your jewelry closed on a soft base inside a box lined with velvet inside to avoid scratches on the gold alloy;
- During wear, gold is covered by a greasy film, it appears stains, luster is lost, so you need to clean the items with a soapy solution, use a lint-free soft cloth;
- Do not use abrasives (hard brushes, soda), but allowed to apply a fine tooth powder, it will provide a cleansing, gentle grinding effect;
- It is not recommended to wear jewelry when playing sports, during physical work;
- You can buy a special paste for grinding micro-damage, this will save the budget, because the monthly treatment of jewelry over time will reduce the thickness of the precious metal.
Gold 585 gold abroad: Turkey, Egypt, Italy
Going on vacation, there is an opportunity to buy jewelry abroad. It is believed that they are cheaper there. But the difference in price is just a way of attracting the attention of customers. As a rule, such countries use a karat system of branding.
Inexperienced in translating the numerical value of the sample from one system to another, the buyer makes a purchase, believing that he is left with the winnings.
In fact, more and more swindlers are appearing in bazaars. Unscrupulous sellers seek to offer low quality items for the price of high quality.
Rules for buying imported jewelry
Recommendations that will help to avoid cheating:
- you should ask for a certificate for the products, if you do not know the language, you need to take with you an assistant who will read the documents;
- It is advisable to look for the mark on the product, but in some countries (such as Turkey), many products do not have the mark on them, then it is better to refuse to buy at all;
- foreign alloys contain components that contribute to the rapid deterioration of the appearance of the product, so it is better not to buy a gold alloy in Turkey.