When metal in constant contact with the body, it gradually becomes contaminated. In the case of silver product can take on different shades, from green to black, depending on the different factors. First you need to understand what caused it in order to eliminate it. Then one chooses wayhow clean up silver cross from the blackness in the at home. You can consider for this purpose improvised means, special chemicals, as well as professional methods. Each of the options is designed to eliminate blackness of different intensities. The agents with the most aggressive action are used for complicated cases.
Why silver on the body turns black, what it could mean
Most often silver has a light hue. Due to this feature of the metal, the color was isolated. It began to be referred to separately from jewelry. Today, there is a silver color for objects, coatings, etc. To ensure that the metal always has its original appearance, it is necessary to care for the jewelry. The only exception to this rule is silver-plated. The darkening is removed from all other items. To prevent it from returning, the cause of this phenomenon is also removed:
- composition: silver - alloyThe ligature that improves the properties of the original material, but in contact with other substances (for example, in human sweat), they change properties, a chemical reaction occurs, which creates silver sulfide, chain with the cross becomes black, but these changes are reversible;
- Chemistry: The darkening of silver jewelry can also be the result of exposure to substances contained in detergents, cosmetics, for this reason it is better not to wear silver jewelry when you plan to shower, bath, wash dishes, apply cream to the body, hands, in addition, the oxidation of the metal occurs even when exposed to sea air;
- Folk interpretation and esoterics: earlier ancestors believed that the change of silver color from light to black - is a consequence of fatigue, so manifested decrease in energy, in addition, there is also the opinion of esoterics, who believe that the silver cross provides protection to the owner, if it turns black, then the person has been negatively affected by magic (imposed spoilage).
Top 10 tools, what and how to clean a silver cross at home quickly and effectively from the blackness. Step by step instructions
The number of cleaning agents is considerable, you can not always immediately determine which of them is suitable. In order not to spoil the thing, you can first use harmless, gradually introduce aggressive means. You should not experiment, as the result can be unpredictable.
The method is used when you need to remove weak blackness. Preparation:
- water - 1 cup;
- dishwashing liquid - a few drops;
- a container made of ceramic or plastic;
- lint-free rags (microfiber).
- Pour water (barely warm).
- Add detergent, stir thoroughly.
- They put a piece of silverware at the bottom.
- After 1 hour, use a rag to remove the dirt. You can use a toothbrush with a soft pile. This will remove dirt in areas with complex configurations.
- It remains to rinse the product under running water, dry it, using a natural, lint-free material that absorbs water well.
To clean the jewelry better, you can leave it on the bottom of the container for a few minutes. But this method is suitable for cases where the dirt is of an organic nature (greasy deposits with dust, etc.).
The budget way with baking soda
If the cross is blackened and there are no special means at home, you can clean it using improvised means. Suitable is baking soda. It is recommended to prepare everything you may need at once:
- soda - 50 g;
- water - 500 ml;
- aluminum container;
- foil in an amount sufficient to hold the cross to be cleaned.
- Soda is poured into the water.
- The container is placed on the stove. It is necessary to wait for the liquid to boil.
- Using tweezers, lower the foil to the bottom of the solution. To prevent it from floating, a blackened cross is placed immediately.
- After 2 minutes, you can see the first changes - the silver will become lighter. The product can be removed.
- It is cleaned under running water, dried.
Important: When the cross is immersed in water, the stove should be turned off, do not boil the product.
Solution with salt and soda
Soda contains microparticles that have almost no effect on the metal, but even so, you should not try to clean the cross with dry powder. If you use salt to remove blackness, the risk of deteriorating the appearance of the product increases. Deep scratches will appear, and if there are stones, these inserts will also suffer - they will become cloudy. The best and safest cleaner is a solution. To prepare it, you will need:
- enameled container;
- Soda and salt - 1 tbsp;
- water - 1 liter;
- dishwashing detergent - 1 tbsp.
It is necessary to perform the actions sequentially:
- All components are added to the container.
- They put it on the stove.
- When the liquid comes to a boil, submerge the decoration in the bottom. You can use a layer of foil.
- It is necessary to boil the product for 20 minutes, and the jewelry should be left in the solution.
- The cross should be rinsed under running water.
- Remove moisture droplets.
Unpredictable results with hydrogen peroxide
The method is used for regular maintenance. It is used to keep the cross clean. Hydrogen peroxide will not remove difficult dirt. The disadvantage of this option is unpredictable results: some silverware The stones become muddy, while others cannot be cleaned of the blackness, and additionally, the stones become tarnished and have a plaque that cannot be removed due to the oxidation of the metal.
- a container of plastic;
- hydrogen peroxide - 50 ml;
- water - 1 liter.
- Water is poured into a container of glass or plastic.
- Hydrogen peroxide is added next.
- Lower the cross.
- After 2 hours, the product is removed.
The means can be alternated, but you should not use different types of acetic and citric acids at the same time. To clean a blackened cross, prepare:
- vinegar - 1/2 cup;
- enameled pot.
- Pour the vinegar into an enameled container.
- The remedy is heated. But it must not be boiled. It is enough to bring the vinegar to a temperature of +50 ° C.
- Lower the cross.
- Leave the decoration for 20 minutes.
- As soon as the product shines, it should be removed.
- The cross is washed in clean water, wiped.
You can dilute the vinegar with water (1:1) to reduce the level of aggressiveness of the remedy. Next time it is recommended to use a different method. Takes:
- container of glass;
- lemon - 1-2 pcs.
- It is necessary to prepare the lemon juice: squeeze the citrus, strain the resulting liquid.
- A cross is left in the container to be cleaned quickly. The duration of the procedure depends on how difficult the dirt on the product.
- Then the ornament is removed from the liquid and rinsed under running water. If this is not possible, you should fill the container several times. Each time the water is poured out, as there are lint from the lemon that was on the cross.
Not knowing how to clean a silver cross that has turned black because it has been worn for so long, they often use the simplest option - using toothpaste. In addition, preparations are made:
- toothbrush with a soft pile;
- polishing felt;
- lint-free rags;
- clean water.
How the job is done:
- The decoration is rinsed with water.
- A small amount of toothpaste is put on the rag. Rub on the cross.
- On difficult areas use a toothbrush.
- The cross is washed in clean water.
- Remove moisture, polish with felt.
Prepare the powder. To do this, grind a hard bar of chalk, using a mortar or any other hard object. The powder is mixed with water, the pulp is used as a cleaning agent. A lint-free cloth is used. It is necessary to rub the cross with the chalky pulp until it begins to shine. It is important to rinse the product thoroughly, because in the micro crevices remains powder, after drying the cross will not look neat because of the white plaque.
Grandfather's recipe with ammonia
The method is considered universal, but there are exceptions: it cannot be used to clean a cross with leather, silicone inserts. Instructions:
- Any amount of ammonia is poured into a container with a lid.
- At the bottom they put the ornament.
- Close the jar, begin to shake the contents. If the cross has not been shiny for a long time, has had time to strongly blackenThis method will help to return it to its former attractiveness.
It is recommended to shake the jewelry until the dark plaque is removed. For this purpose, it is necessary to periodically check the condition of the item. If the blackness is not completely removed, you can use a more aggressive agent based on ammonia - chalky pulp. The components are mixed until a thick paste is formed. Their quantity is arbitrary. With the resulting remedy, you can clean a silver cross at home. Then it is washed in water, dried.
Funds from the grocery basket
Some people use Coca-Cola. This drink acts aggressively and removes most of the dirt. Apart from it, you don't need to prepare anything, just a stainless steel pot:
- Pour a drink into a container.
- They put it on the stove, boil it.
- Dip the cross, leave for a few minutes (you can not keep the decoration in the solution for more than 7 minutes).
- Take it out, immerse it in a container of clean water.
After a few hours the product should be completely clean.
Special tools for jewelry cleaning. Cost
In the product range of stores you can find the right option for yourself: gel, paste, spray, etc. Such products are the most suitable for the care of jewelry. They remove the blackness caused by a chemical reaction, exposure to negativity.
|Name of product||Online store||Price, rubles.|
Most often a simple treatment is enough, you can apply the product with a rag. In complicated cases, the product is cleaned of blackness after a break: apply, leave, remove the blackness.
How to clean a cross with a stone?
How to clean the cross of negative energy?
- solar energy: the cross is left in the sun, a few hours later it can be worn;
- salt water: a piece of jewelry is lowered into a container with a liquid, sea salt is poured on top, the negative is removed not as quickly as in the previous case, it will take three days.
Why does the cross turn black, according to the church?
Recommendations for the care of the Holy Cross
- It is not recommended to take a shower, exercise, apply cosmetics without removing the cross;
- Every month you need to clean the product from dirt, using a soapy solution, leave the jewelry for 1 hour, after which you can rinse it;
- As difficult dirt appears, including blackness, use more sophisticated cleaning methods.
Video: How to clean a silver cross and a silver chain from the blackness at home with baking soda and vinegar - step by step instructions
It is necessary to know the composition of the silver alloy, but even in this case there is a risk to spoil the object, because in the manufacture of jewelry also there are errors: the components are taken in larger / smaller amounts, which also affects the interaction of additives.